It takes me time to respond to things. Send me an email? I’ll get back to you in a few weeks. Or a month – it’s difficult to pinpoint. Post something on my Facebook wall? I might never ‘Like’ or respond to it. Send me a bill? You might as well already include the late fee in the total.
This said, it should come as no surprise that I was tagged by the beautiful, awesome, and amazing Renxkyoko about two weeks ago, and I’m just now doing my tag response blog. This tagging thing is kind of like the Versatile Blogger Award a little bit…speaking of which, does someone ever actually win the Versatile Blogger Award? Because that would be a huge deal, I think. Okay, maybe it’s not the National Book Award, but I think it’s more impressive than, I dunno, a Newberry or a People’s Choice Award. Anyhow, I’m digressing. Here are the rules, which delightfully explain how this tagging thing works:
- You must post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Easy enough, eh? So today I’ll be answering Ren’s 11 questions, and then I will be picking 11 people and posting questions of my own for them to answer.
Ren’s Questions – Answered to the Best of My Ability
- If you could have 5 famous dead people over for dinner, who would they be? Marilyn Monroe, MLK, Charles Bukowski, Tim McVeigh, and Johnny Cakes from The Outsiders.
- Why did you choose each guest? I’m obsessed with Marilyn Monroe and believe we are psychically linked (we have the same birthday!); MLK is my personal hero and someone I get emotional just thinking about; Bukowski inspired me to want to write and we are also psychically linked (drinking issues, acne issues, there’s so much); I wanted someone dark/evil, and I’ve always been really intrigued by McVeigh (he’s from Buffalo and I’m from Rochester); and when Johnny Cakes died in The Outsiders, it devastated me and shaped an enormous portion of how I respond to art and also to life.
- Would you consider marrying a person whose religion is fundamentally different from yours? Well, I did. I married a born again Christian and at that point I was basically atheist. By the time things were over, her faith was crushed and I was going to church every week. Go figure. Anyways, I’d never do it again.
- Do you have a fetish? Um, yeah. I don’t know what I want to share…I plead the 5th (you can yell at me in the comments).
- Which trait is more important, intelligence or stunning physical appearance? Since I don’t have any intelligence myself, I’ll go with the latter.
- Let’s say you’re married with two children but fell in love with someone else? Do you leave your spouse? In reality, I’ll be old and settled by the time I’m married with two children, so no. The younger incarnation wouldn’t either. My conscience is a bitch from hell.
- Coffee or tea? Coke or Pepsi? Left or right handed? Coffee (by a landslide), Coke (who the hell orders Rum and Pepsi?), and right handed because left handed people come from the devil.
- Do you believe in the death penalty? Absolutely, 100% no fucking way. It’s horrible and it’s an embarrassment that the USA has it. Yet another thing that adds to my country’s culture of violence, paranoia, and racism (because the death penalty is obscenely racist) (and no, I don’t plan to elaborate on that).
- If a loved one cheated, would you take him or her back? Yeah, I would. It’s bad to cheat on somebody, but it’s almost as bad not to forgive somebody who loves you.
- Would you get attracted to someone of a different race or color? LOL!!! Um, I’m almost exclusively attracted to people of a different race and color. In fact, I’m currently done with white women. I feel that in all likelihood I’ll end up with an Asian girl…although…and not to sound too weird here…I think it would be incredible to be married to a black woman. Again, I don’t think I’ll elaborate on this.
- Which do you believe in, evolution or creationism? Evolution. The other one simply doesn’t make sense to me.
Well, that was fun! I hope my answers made some sort of sense. Now we’ve reached the portion of the show where I tag other people. I chose these people either because I liked a post of theirs recently, or because they’re a blog follower who I’d like to get to know a little better. In no particular order, here they are:
- Tricia Maria
- Five Second Rules
- NC Coot
- Litterbox Diaries
- Aurora Morealist
- Pithy Pants
- Unfunny Husband
- It’s Just Plain Old Me
- Freddy Flow
- R Run the Gun
- Thoughts and Rainstorms
And, without further dilly dialing, here are my questions.
- When’s the last time you hit somebody out of anger?
- People who snort when they laugh: cute or obnoxious?
- Is it better to be politically aware, or to know how to fix a car? Why?
- What are three things you have in your fridge right now?
- I feel “The Monster Mash” is the worst song ever recorded. What would be your nominee for that title?
- If someone is staring at you, is it because that person is attracted to you, or because you have something on your face?
- Would you date an ex-con?
- When you were an insecure teenager, what celebrity did you secretly resent?
- Fact or fallacy: Beer before liquor, never been sicker?
- In a perfect world, how many fingers would we have?
- What is your strangest “Search Engine Term” in the last week?
There you have it. Hopefully those questions aren’t too bizarre. Happy blogging everyone, and let’s keep sharing the love. Peace!
36 thoughts on “11 Brilliant Questions”
OH…got it…its like an award. Cool!!!! Thanks!
Yeah – it’s like an award with no actual award. Um, err…something like that. No problem, Five Second Rules! Look forward to reading your upcoming posts. : )
I love this! I don’t have enough people I could tag, but I’ll post a blog with my own answers, just because it’s fun 🙂
Awesome! Love your bad dating stories and hopefully others will pop in to check them out as well. Rock on, Litterbox Diaries!
Thank you for including me, going to answer your questions now because it’s fun but I have too many great blogger pals to select just 11, sorry. If you read my comments, you’ll find most of them for yourself and might enjoy following some of them as well. Some are in my links but many I haven’t even included there yet (haven’t had time to sit down and do that, my computer skills suck but I type fast, lol) visit me regularly. Thanks for sharing the fun! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Cool beans, Aurora! Keep typing fast…on second thought, slow down a little…I’m a slow reader. 😀
I’m here to yell at you for your dismal answer to number 4.
THIS IS ME YELLING AT YOU!!! TELL US!!!
pwetty pwease? (^.^)
Vee…yes, the answer was dismal. What is a fetish exactly? Is it just something that turns a person on? How do you define it?
(using Bill Clinton stall technique for getting out of questions, in case you didn’t notice)
C’mon. You tell us everything else!
I do suppose a man has to retain a bit of mystery. *grumble grumble*
You’re playing right into his hands–his fetish is being yelled at! OOH BABY!
You stole my joke you bastard.
I love it when you talk dirty to me…
Oh dear. I played right into that, didn’t I? Well, I guess since I delivered then some sort of compensation is in order 😛
Yes, some sort of Farmville/Cityville/Sexville payment, I’d wager…
Oh, and thanks for putting me in your list of 11! I am honored–and I could sure use the visits; my poor lil’ blog has been limping along over a winter of discontent, only (I hope) to rise from the warming earth like a daffodil on Viagra.
A daffodil on Viagra…pure poetry, my friend!
danke! Like I told my significant udder, “This bud’s for you!”
And since I’m too lazy (or dense) to follow the rules, I’m just posting my 11 answers here…
When’s the last time you hit somebody out of anger?
What time you got?
People who snort when they laugh: cute or obnoxious?
Obnoxious, if they’re not leaving a line of coke for the next dude.
Is it better to be politically aware, or to know how to fix a car? Why?
It is best to fix Rick Santorum’s car–with a can of Fix-a-Flat and an Etch-a-Sketch.
What are three things you have in your fridge right now?
A five-pound Hershey’s bar. Volpi prosciutto. A leftover slice of margherita pizza from Massa on North Ave.
I feel “The Monster Mash” is the worst song ever recorded. What would be your nominee for that title?
That “chicken dance” song.
If someone is staring at you, is it because that person is attracted to you, or because you have something on your face?
Yes–they are attracted because I have something on my face.
Would you date an ex-con?
When you were an insecure teenager, what celebrity did you secretly resent?
John Travolta in “Welcome Back, Cotter” or the Fonz in “Happy Days.”
Fact or fallacy: Beer before liquor, never been sicker?
Fact. The wine didn’t help either…
In a perfect world, how many fingers would we have?
Fingers don’t matter–I need another hand to be happy!
What is your strangest “Search Engine Term” in the last week?
“Koldaire fan antique price.”
LOL – great answers! The Chicken Dance is absolutely the worst song of all time – way worse than Monster Mash. And the wine never, ever helps. Unless you can use the box for something afterwards.
Yes, I find the box is perfect for vomiting into…
Reblogged this on freddyflow and commented:
Oceans of Elevens… good heavens.
So, you think no one ever wins the Versatile Blogger Award? Well, my pretty, guess what – I got it & now you’re gonna get it!
In all seriousness I am so far behind in my postings I have yet to respond to Edward Hotspur’s kind nomination of me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Most of the blogs I have been reading regularly already have this award, so I’m happy to share it with you. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the award giver link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass this award along to 15-20 of your favorite bloggers
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about their award
In the next few days when I finally get to answering this award, I will link to you, but consider yourself notified.
Oh boy. I must do a award post at some point. The thing is, I did my Versatile Blogger post like a week before I got freshly pressed. Then after getting freshly pressed, I got like a bunch of other VB nominations and stuff. But I felt like it would seem like an ego trip if I did another VB post so soon after the one I just did.
I don’t know why I’m typing this – it’s extremely uninteresting. The point is, I should do an award blog because I really seriously do appreciate the support. So if you sent me an award thing and have been irked by my lack of response, that’s my explanation and I shall give you a shout out shortly. : D
” left handed people come from the devil.”
Hilarious!!! So I guess I’m part devil ’cause I’m ambidextrous
yep, “left” is related to the root of the word “sinister.” That’s the sum of my outcomes from 6 years of higher ed….
Haha – my father is left handed and used to have things up around the house that said things like “Lefty’s Have Rights Too!” It was hilarious. He was a militant left handist! So that little joke goes out to him. : D
Um, so I was confused with the the whole Johnny Cakes reference as I didn’t recall that character in the book; but it’s actually Johnny Cade. See: http://theoutsiders.wikia.com/wiki/Johnny_Cade
That scene did choke me up too. Awesome movie; even better book. And generally I liked your answers; I’ll just remain silent on the ones with which I disagree. Thanks for sharing.
You know, it’s been ages since I read The Outsiders. I could be totally wrong, but I thought they called him Johnny Cakes as a nickname. Kind of like how they called Dallas “Dally.” Again, this could be completely off base. Poor Johnny. He was a nice dude. I couldn’t believe it when he died. I was one heartbroken 12 year old.
Haha – that’s very polite of you to remain silent. You’re a class gal, Legal. : )
I see you want to get to know me, eh? Sounds like a deal.
Sweet! You’re top of the pops, R Run the Gun!
#10… totally understand. XD But it would be illegal for me to marry a black woman where I live. Dammit.
Well obviously you either need to move or get a sex change.
Thanks for the comment, WTF Presea. I love that your wordpress address is Shut the Fuck Up Bitch Please. That brightened my day. : )
Hahaha, I totally should!!
Always glad to make people smile. 😀
Yay ! Finally ! !
Hey, I just realized I have a fetish ! the back and shoulders , he he he.
Howdy! Would you mind if I share your weblog with my twitter group? Theres lots of people that I think would truly enjoy your content material. Please let me know. Thanks aaegakbedkke