It takes me time to respond to things. Send me an email? I’ll get back to you in a few weeks. Or a month – it’s difficult to pinpoint. Post something on my Facebook wall? I might never ‘Like’ or respond to it. Send me a bill? You might as well already include the late fee in the total.
This said, it should come as no surprise that I was tagged by the beautiful, awesome, and amazing Renxkyoko about two weeks ago, and I’m just now doing my tag response blog. This tagging thing is kind of like the Versatile Blogger Award a little bit…speaking of which, does someone ever actually win the Versatile Blogger Award? Because that would be a huge deal, I think. Okay, maybe it’s not the National Book Award, but I think it’s more impressive than, I dunno, a Newberry or a People’s Choice Award. Anyhow, I’m digressing. Here are the rules, which delightfully explain how this tagging thing works:
- You must post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Easy enough, eh? So today I’ll be answering Ren’s 11 questions, and then I will be picking 11 people and posting questions of my own for them to answer.
Ren’s Questions – Answered to the Best of My Ability
- If you could have 5 famous dead people over for dinner, who would they be? Marilyn Monroe, MLK, Charles Bukowski, Tim McVeigh, and Johnny Cakes from The Outsiders.
- Why did you choose each guest? I’m obsessed with Marilyn Monroe and believe we are psychically linked (we have the same birthday!); MLK is my personal hero and someone I get emotional just thinking about; Bukowski inspired me to want to write and we are also psychically linked (drinking issues, acne issues, there’s so much); I wanted someone dark/evil, and I’ve always been really intrigued by McVeigh (he’s from Buffalo and I’m from Rochester); and when Johnny Cakes died in The Outsiders, it devastated me and shaped an enormous portion of how I respond to art and also to life.
- Would you consider marrying a person whose religion is fundamentally different from yours? Well, I did. I married a born again Christian and at that point I was basically atheist. By the time things were over, her faith was crushed and I was going to church every week. Go figure. Anyways, I’d never do it again.
- Do you have a fetish? Um, yeah. I don’t know what I want to share…I plead the 5th (you can yell at me in the comments).
- Which trait is more important, intelligence or stunning physical appearance? Since I don’t have any intelligence myself, I’ll go with the latter.
- Let’s say you’re married with two children but fell in love with someone else? Do you leave your spouse? In reality, I’ll be old and settled by the time I’m married with two children, so no. The younger incarnation wouldn’t either. My conscience is a bitch from hell.
- Coffee or tea? Coke or Pepsi? Left or right handed? Coffee (by a landslide), Coke (who the hell orders Rum and Pepsi?), and right handed because left handed people come from the devil.
- Do you believe in the death penalty? Absolutely, 100% no fucking way. It’s horrible and it’s an embarrassment that the USA has it. Yet another thing that adds to my country’s culture of violence, paranoia, and racism (because the death penalty is obscenely racist) (and no, I don’t plan to elaborate on that).
- If a loved one cheated, would you take him or her back? Yeah, I would. It’s bad to cheat on somebody, but it’s almost as bad not to forgive somebody who loves you.
- Would you get attracted to someone of a different race or color? LOL!!! Um, I’m almost exclusively attracted to people of a different race and color. In fact, I’m currently done with white women. I feel that in all likelihood I’ll end up with an Asian girl…although…and not to sound too weird here…I think it would be incredible to be married to a black woman. Again, I don’t think I’ll elaborate on this.
- Which do you believe in, evolution or creationism? Evolution. The other one simply doesn’t make sense to me.
Well, that was fun! I hope my answers made some sort of sense. Now we’ve reached the portion of the show where I tag other people. I chose these people either because I liked a post of theirs recently, or because they’re a blog follower who I’d like to get to know a little better. In no particular order, here they are:
- Tricia Maria
- Five Second Rules
- NC Coot
- Litterbox Diaries
- Aurora Morealist
- Pithy Pants
- Unfunny Husband
- It’s Just Plain Old Me
- Freddy Flow
- R Run the Gun
- Thoughts and Rainstorms
And, without further dilly dialing, here are my questions.
- When’s the last time you hit somebody out of anger?
- People who snort when they laugh: cute or obnoxious?
- Is it better to be politically aware, or to know how to fix a car? Why?
- What are three things you have in your fridge right now?
- I feel “The Monster Mash” is the worst song ever recorded. What would be your nominee for that title?
- If someone is staring at you, is it because that person is attracted to you, or because you have something on your face?
- Would you date an ex-con?
- When you were an insecure teenager, what celebrity did you secretly resent?
- Fact or fallacy: Beer before liquor, never been sicker?
- In a perfect world, how many fingers would we have?
- What is your strangest “Search Engine Term” in the last week?
There you have it. Hopefully those questions aren’t too bizarre. Happy blogging everyone, and let’s keep sharing the love. Peace!